Kids Dental provides useful links to patient web resources on recommended readings for dental health, general health and tips and safety dental topics.
Dental Web Resources
- American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) is the recognized authority on children’s oral health. As advocates for children’s oral health, the AAPD promotes evidence-based policies and clinical guidelines; educates and informs policymakers, parents and guardians, and other health care professionals; fosters research; and provides continuing professional education for pediatric dentists and general dentists who treat children.
- Academy of General Dentistry – Represents the interests of general dentists by fostering their continued proficiency through dental education.
- American Academy of Orthodontics – Learn about orthodontics and orthodontists–specialists in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of dental and facial irregularities.
- American Academy of Periodontology – The American Academy of Periodontology is your source for information about the diagnosis and treatment of periodontal disease (gum disease) by periodontists and for the latest research on the links between healthy gums and overall health.
- American Association of Endodontists – The recognized specialty organization for endodontics (root canal treatment). Find information for patients, members, professionals and the media.
- American Board of Endodontists – The recognized specialty organization for endodontics (root canal treatment). Find information for patients, members, professionals and the media.
- American College of Dentists – The American College of Dentists (ACD) is a nonprofit professional organization of dentists who have exemplified excellence through outstanding leadership and exceptional contributions to dentistry and society.
- American College of Prosthodontists – ACP is the official sponsoring organization for the specialty of prosthodontics, which is one of nine recognized specialties of the American Dental Association.
- American Dental Association – The umbrella organization for dentists in America.
- International and American Association for Dental Research (I.A.D.R.) – To advance research and increase knowledge for the improvement of oral health worldwide.
- International Association of Dental Traumatology – A professional organization whose mission is to promote optimal prevention and treatment service in the field of traumatic dental injuries through interaction with dental and medical colleagues, the public, and interested parties in education, sports, industry and appropriate governmental agencies.
- Texas Dental Association
- Texas State Board of Dental Examiners
Health Recall and Alerts
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Meat, Poultry, and Egg
- U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Products – Furniture, Toys, Appliances and Electronics
- Consumer Product Safety Commission Medicine
- U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Automotive- Child Passenger Restraint Systems, Vehicle Recalls and Defect
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) Sign Up for Free Recall Updates by Email.
Please contact Kids Dental Plano Office or Kids Dental Carrollton Office to schedule a visit with one of our pediatric dentists or orthodontist.